Job DescriptionBASIC FUNCTIONS
The Executive Consultant, Strategic Program Design and Implementation supports the executive leadership team to lead and facilitate the design and completion of highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects. Executes and implements on high priority strategic initiatives; oversees all aspects of assigned projects. With limited supervision, designs plan, determines stakeholders and engages SMEs; monitors and summarizes progress of project according to aggressive deadlines and within budget. The Executive Consultant, Strategic Program Design and Implementation serves as a strategic partner to the Executive Leadership Team in the design, implementation and assessment of programs and projects.
The Executive Consultant, Strategic Program Design and Implementation acts as an advisor or thought partner by structuring undefined issues for resolution, researching issues, summarizing information, leading projects and working with relevant stakeholders to provide the executives with the information needed to make sound and timely decisions. The incumbent represents executive(s) position on committees and in communications with internal and external stakeholders; may lead/direct the work of team members engaged in projects.
• Responsible for leading complex projects where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors, as well as the creation and execution of a solution. Projects assigned are broad in scope and may involve multi-functional areas and/or span across service areas.
• Develop project plans which identify key issues and develop and execute solutions. Design processes to identify and address problems. Negotiate time commitments and resource allocation. Act as liaison, problem solver, and facilitator. Collaborate on tasks and responsibilities whenever appropriate.
• For each assigned project/program, and with the direction of an executive sponsor, lead strategy formulation, strategic plan execution and communication of strategy to all stakeholders.
• Use quantitative and qualitative research methods to ensure expert level understanding of content/subject matter and serve as the SME as questions on the project/program arise.
• Through the use of Kaiser Permanente systems, specifically KP Health Connect (KPHC), regularly designs research plans for data gathering and analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analyses and developing action plans.
• Determine which stakeholders are required for the effort to be successful (e.g., depending on the effort, support from legal, IT, finance, regulatory, HR, capital planning, etc. may be required) and successfully engage them.
• Develop and employ strategic planning and measurement tools to clarify timeline and track status.
• Regularly report on the progress towards achieving the strategic goals and objectives.
• Ensure sponsor understands unforeseen obstacles and changes to schedule and budgets, if any arise.
• Identify problems rapidly and design solutions to address them.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Once project completed, meet with all stakeholders to discuss accomplishments and learnings. Ensure learnings used in future planning endeavors.
• Provide input and guidance throughout the implementation of strategic initiatives.
• Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal business partners, including all levels of management and staff, senior leaders, service chiefs, and other data users.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, hospital/healthcare administration or a related degree required.
• Master’s Degree in business, hospital/healthcare administration or a related field or PhD in Health Sciences is a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of healthcare or relevant experience is required.
• Familiar with health care models, concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Initiative, creativity, strong communication, collaboration, emotional intelligence and excellent judgment are required
• Strong understanding of healthcare strategy, business research, and project management best practices.
• Analytical consulting experience along with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases required.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, executive leadership, clients, and other departments.
• Tolerance for ambiguity; able to function with a high degree of uncertainty, unpredictability and multiple demands.
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).