Job DescriptionJoin Kaiser Permanente’s team of Health Educators and help support wellness. This position provides the opportunity to engage with Kaiser Permanente members and community to present on topics such as Mind and Body Wellness, Tobacco Cessation, and other clinical education topics in an in-person or online medium. Health Education presentation experiences are done throughout the year and can range from a single to multi-series class or program.
This position within the Regional Department of Health Education and Health Promotion is created to support 1) MAPMG and Delivery System Operations in the achievement of care and service delivery objectives and goals 2) employer On-Site Services in the achievement of goals and objectives as part of Kaiser Permanente’s (KP) workforce health strategy. This position is responsible for providing health education services to individuals and groups to help improve clinical outcomes for KP members and increase KP’s physical presence at employer worksites through employee engagement.
• Provide health education interventions to individuals and groups, using evidenced-based models, including behavior change and adult learning principles, for prevention and chronic condition topics.
• Maintain accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data collected through health education and training activities.
• Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health education programs, materials, products, and services.
• Assist On-Site Services Manager for employer groups in project work, needs assessment, data gathering, and other activities as requested. Recommend to Manager any changes to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
• Participate in team and staff meetings and continuing education as requested. Provide and participate in peer consult, support, and triage around Health Education interventions.
• Practice and promote innovative practice within ethical and legal guidelines using established policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate commitment to the organization’s mission, vision, and values and serve a role model for Kaiser Permanente brand.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) required.
• Bachelor’s degree OR four (4) years of directly related experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in health education, nursing, public health, social work, behavioral sciences, health sciences, or exercise physiology/kinesiology preferred.
• Two (2) years of experience in conducting health education interventions with individuals and groups. Knowledgeable of health behavior modification skills related to improved nutrition, increased physical activity, managed stress, reducing/eliminating tobacco use, self-management of chronic conditions, etc.
• Demonstrates knowledge of health education and adult learning theory and methodologies.
• Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
• Excellent group facilitation and training delivery skills.
• Able to demonstrate competency as educator as defined by KP’s Trainer Competency guidelines.
• Effective time management skills, ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands, responsive to requests, and punctual.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technology for application to work; knowledge and proficiency of PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
• Ability to travel to medical centers and client sites in Washington, D.C. metropolitan area (includes Virginia, Southern Maryland and Baltimore)
• Must have valid driver’s license.