Assists the configuration and maintenance and development of medical group technology solutions including but not limited to KPHC, eConsult, toolbar and MAS applications.
This position also has compliance accountability and/or responsibility for Kaiser Permanente’s policies and procedures, the Principles of Responsibility, accreditation standards (if applicable), and applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, as well as proper use of Kaiser Permanente Personal Computer (PC) and applications.
• Assists all of the accountabilities of the Technology Integration – Clinical Specialist - 1 job.
• Learns how decision making within the organization takes place and learns how to tailor systems to meet business needs.
• Learns how multiple projects are managed and how associated cross functional and multi-disciplinary project teams work.
• Continuously monitors progress and takes corrective actions that ensure successful achievement of project goals.
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with business owners and other consulting resources.
• Recognizes, and works effectively in complex, political and ambiguous situations. Uses organization and personal influence strategies to encourage desired behavior among team members.
• Assists Application Coordinators and project managers in designing resolutions to complex issues.
• Researches, designs, prototypes, tests and implements system configuration changes to meet business needs.
• Analyzes operational data on performance to ensure technology solutions support business needs and direction.
• Learns and assures communication of change control procedures across the project.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Through the use of Kaiser systems, specifically KPHC, regularly designs research plans for data gathering and analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analyses and developing action plans accordingly.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare, and or Business or comparable application experience required. Maintenance of certification required.
• Educational experience or job experience within the Healthcare industry required or exception approval if no experience in Health Care.
• Above average Database management skills required.
• Above average computer skills on common applications or demonstrated ability to quickly learn new applications.
• Strong detailed analytical thinking, problem solving and results oriented skills required.
• Strong awareness of KP business and operational knowledge is recommended
• Flexibility due to varying deadlines and project goals.
• Rapid learner.
• Expertise in data structures, content and interpretation of specific data elements preferred
• Travel for product training and certification followed by occasional travel required.
• In good academic standing
• Certification of the EPIC application required within 6 months from the date of employment.
• Maintenance of certification required.