Assist the Director of Encounter Infometrics and Operations to lead efforts to support clinician coding activities to improve the accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency of the delivery of high quality care. Works with the direction and in collaboration with the Director to provide leadership and direction for the unit in accordance with the overall strategic direction of the department. The Operations Manager, Encounter Infometrics will oversee and provide guidance on clinical documentation review, physician documentation, coding auditing, and physician training related to documentation and coding practices. Holds unit to high standards of performance, including productivity and accuracy and takes action to ensure consistency across the unit.
• Assists the Director in executing the workplan and ensures the timely completion of deliverables.
• Serves as a content expert, providing assistance, advice and guidance to staff on endeavors to promote EMR accuracy.
• Facilitates the ongoing learning, well-being, professional satisfaction and development of staff through training, work assignments, increased responsibility/autonomy and mentoring.
• Monitors success of coaching and training efforts through encounter audits which ensure documentation meets requirements for diagnosis and E&M assignment, based on Official ICD-10-CM Documentation Guidelines.
• Oversees corrective actions for audit review findings.
• Works with leadership and coding trainers to provide confidential audits and feedback on an "as needed" basis.
• Remains up-to-date on departmental, organizational, and regulatory guidelines and creates the appropriate documentation and training to ensure compliance.
• Initiates, plans and organizes the development of new and ongoing training programs and materials using appropriate training techniques as required.
• In collaboration with coding trainers, design curriculum including learning objectives, training plans, trainer notes, exercises, handouts, review activities, and audio-visual aids.
• Oversees the development of future training that will address documentation risk areas identified through audits.
• Provide direction to Coding Trainers to develop individual and departmental/specialty training classes and materials to meet the needs of new hire training and to address organizational changes.
• Consults and collaborates with physician leads, reporting team, and service area representatives to ensure training materials are aligned with federal, state, and Clinical Coding Guidelines.
• Practice and promote innovative practices within company ethical and legal guidelines using established policies and procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality of patient records, information, and departmental activities involving patient information.
• Through the use of Kaiser systems, specifically Kaiser Permanente Health Connect, researches plans for data gathering and analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analyses and developing action plans accordingly.
• Manages special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with five years of experience in Healthcare or 12+ years of experience in Healthcare.
• Experience overseeing medical record audits and the ability to interpret federal, state, and coding guidelines preferred.
• Project management experience including design and implementation of audit plans.
• Demonstrated experience providing feedback to a variety of clinicians.
• Willingness to be flexible depending upon department and/or physician schedule needs.
• Demonstrated ability to review audit findings to identify documentation trends and other risk areas.
• Demonstrated ability to develop educational materials for physicians.
• Travel between medical centers will be required.
• Excellent computer skills required (Microsoft Office suite).
• A minimum of two years of project support or coordination experience required.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and communication skills required.